Are you looking for an industry leading Dispatch Training Program? Look no further, A1 Transportation Academy is one of the most respected names in the industry. We provide a superior education delivered by exceptional certified professionals. Our Dispatch courses are facilitated on-site and provide far more knowledge and hands-on experience with the equipment. Our students receive individual attention and care, in our prestigious Mississauga office. We also offer an ONLINE option remotely administering this course.
This program provides you with an introduction to concepts, technical understanding and practical knowledge of transportation, Fleet dispatching, customs brokerage and freight forwarding. You will gain valued expertise and knowledge to help companies effectively manage the movement of goods and trucks in our complex economy. We take pride in maintaining recruit success by starting at a very basic level and gradually building their knowledge base in each step of the training program to ensure a solid educational foundation. A1 Transportation Academy`s dispatch training program begins with classroom lectures combined with critical thinking exercises that can be taught in a group or individual setting instructed by experienced and expert instructors. The classroom-based lesson plans include basic training on the following topics:
DISPATCH COURSE OUTLINE
1. Basics of trucking Industry in North America
2. Introduction to Logistics and IT
3. Trucking Equipment
4. Trucking Lane types
5. Regulatory Bodies
6. Hours of service Canada and USA
7. Fleet compliance
8. Accidents & Investigations
9. Driver compliance
10. Gross Weights
12. Load Matching and Acquisition
13. Specialized Freight
14. Route Management & Order Management
15. Manifesting & Record Keeping
16. Cost calculations
17. Dispatching you driver
18. Border crossing
20. Driver documentation
21. Employment in the trucking industry
22. Final exam
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE AND WHAT DOES IT COST?
Our course is 3 days in length consisting of 24 hours. For a breakdown of fees and expected time commitment please call A1 Transportation Academy.
WHAT WILL I GRADUATE WITH AT COURSE COMPLETION?
As a graduate of this program, you will receive a certificate from A1 Transportation Academy. This can open your career to a wide range of opportunities for you to pursue in the Transportation and Logistics industry. As a graduate of this program, you may pursue future career options, such as:
- Fleet Dispatcher
- Diver supervisor
- Freight co-ordinator
- Transportation appointment co-ordinator
- Transportation logistics co-ordinator
- Customs associate
- Transportation analyst
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without High School Diploma)
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE?
- You may register in Person, over the Phone, or Online.
- New Courses start regularly, please contact us for more information
IS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE?
- There are several financing options that might be available to you.
- Please contact our enrollment department for further information.