Company Name: GFL Environmental Inc.
Average Pay: Not Disclosed
Company Introduction: At GFL, we’re truly driven to encourage greater environmental responsibility and to provide our customers with the superior resources they need to achieve their sustainability goals. We’re always looking for new talent to help us deliver on our mission. We believe in cultivating strong, innovative, high-performing teams, which is why we continually seek out fresh opportunities to increase diversity among our employees.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations.
- Perform pre and post trip circle checks, inspections of equipment operated, and its load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness.
- Comply with applicable federal and provincial legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver’s hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods and weights and dimensions.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed;check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects,accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, supervisors and coworkers both verbally and in written form.
- Perform appropriate inspections before, during and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Deliver product and accurate paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ensure any debris caused by the loading/unloading of the truck is cleaned up, and reported to the appropriate supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Valid AZ/DZ license and Driver’s abstract in good standing.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.