Autonomous Vehicle Operator
Average Pay: $22/hr
Job Description: As a Vehicle Operator, you’re responsible for our Autonomous Vehicles. You’ll support the transportation of vehicles and customer goods, as well as collect data, provide feedback for process improvement, and collaborate effectively with diverse teams. You’ll be a valuable contributor, providing necessary insights to engineering teams aimed at improving groundbreaking automated driving technology while meeting customer needs. If you’re passionate about driving, safety, and technology, we’d love to hear from you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Ensure operation of delivery vehicles, in autonomous and manual modes, keeping other drivers, the public, other members of the operating team, and the vehicle safe at all times.
● Ensure vehicles arrive at pick-up and drop-off locations on time and that the integrity of goods is retained on each journey.
● Maintain vehicles and ensure they remain clean and presentable to the public.
● Maintain detailed logs and provide data daily.
● As required, collaborate with software engineers and other members of the operations team to follow collection and drop-off procedures on each journey.
● As required, support the operation of Gatik’s autonomous vehicle software.
● Execute and track established business procedures and processes.
● Provide feedback to operations and engineering teams on vehicle processes and performance.
● Demonstrate a willingness to learn and adopt new operating procedures when required.
● Act as an ambassador for Gatik, Gatik’s technology and staff, and Gatik’s clients.
● Physically drive the vehicles before moving toward autonomous operations.
● Use Slack to update the dispatch team on the status of each step of your shift/route.
● Manually record data and send it via Slack.
● Comprehensive supplemental benefits including supplemental medical, dental, vision, hospital, drug coverage, and life insurance
● Paid breaks and monthly lunch cards
● Plus Perks!
● Must be at least 25 years old
● A valid Canadian Driver’s license (Class G in Ontario or equivalent) with at least 5 years’ driving experience, and a clean driving record
● 2+ years’ professional driving experience
● 1+ years of autonomous vehicle testing experience desirable
● Must be willing to work flexible hours
● Meticulous, organized, and proactive
● Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
● Good mechanical aptitude and basic mechanical skills
● Basic computer skills including the ability to learn and successfully use applications
● Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operation tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Commitment: : This is a full-time contract position based in Toronto, ON. It offers 35-40 hours per week, with shifts available between the hours of 3am and 4pm. Part-time shifts are also available. Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the initial training.
Interested Applicants Please Send Your Resume To:
Saad Ishtiaque: email@example.com